Monday, December 15, 2008

Streetcar backers' motivations differ

In answer to your question about streetcar backers, I would suggest that both options are correct.

While I have questioned the motives of some with regards to other ill conceived projects, most specifically the convention center, I honestly believe there are those who deceive with selfish/profit motives, PSP; and those who push the project because they honestly believe, based on misguided information and propaganda, that it really will help the city.

As far as I am concerned, the streetcar is nothing more than an extension of that [convention center] project.

While I have not personally heard Peter's speak on the topic, I have heard Jack Howell make his streetcar presentation and now I truly understand the phrase "cool-aid drinkers".