Monday, April 7, 2008

Is NewsLanc solely about the Convention Center?

My wife and I were handed one of your flyers when we entered the market on April 5th. I was very excited while reading this while my wife was shopping, I couldn't wait to get home to my laptop.

I am well aware of how the media never reports the whole story or very little good news. My question to NewsLanc would be: is this project going to have anything to do with anything other than anti-Convention Center bias?

Don't get me wrong, I have never been in favor of the Convention Center. I just think the Lancaster County has many other problems. Try driving the speed limit on Routes 222, 283, or 30 and see how you are a traffic hazard.

For years it was excepted by the police to drive 7 mph over the speed limit, now it's more like 15 to 20 mph over. With gas at only $3.25 a gallon we all can afford it. Maybe when it gets to $6.00 a gallon as it in Europe we will slow down.

Editor's Response: A resounding YES! We welcome leads or articles on all subjects and our staff (as small as it is) reports on the most important regional meetings and performs investigations. Nevertheless, the Convention Center requires critical coverage because it is not about to come from the monopoly press.